IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission - IEC 62439-5:2010
Industrial communication networks - High availability automation networks - Part 5: Beacon Redundancy Protocol (BRP)
|Organization:||IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Publication Date:||26 February 2010|
|ICS Code (Industrial process measurement and control):||25.040.40|
|ICS Code (Multilayer applications):||35.100.05|
IEC 62439-5:2010 is applicable to high-availability automation networks based on the ISO/IEC 8802-3 (IEEE 802.3) (Ethernet) technology. This part of the IEC 62439 series specifies a redundancy... View More
IEC 62439-5:2010 is applicable to high-availability automation networks based on the ISO/IEC 8802-3 (IEEE 802.3) (Ethernet) technology. This part of the IEC 62439 series specifies a redundancy protocol that is based on the duplication of the network, the redundancy protocol being executed within the end nodes, as opposed to a redundancy protocol built in the switches. Fast error detection is provided by two beacon nodes, the switchover decision is taken in every node individually. The cross-network connection capability enables single attached end nodes to be connected on either of the two networks. This standard cancels and replaces IEC 62439 published in 2008. This first edition constitutes a technical revision. It includes the following significant technical changes:
- adding a calculation method for RSTP (rapid spanning tree protocol, IEEE 802.1Q),
- adding two new redundancy protocols: HSR (High-availability Seamless Redundancy) and DRP (Distributed Redundancy Protocol),
- moving former Clauses 1 to 4 (introduction, definitions, general aspects) and the Annexes (taxonomy, availability calculation) to IEC 62439-1, which serves now as a base for the other documents,
- moving Clause 5 (MRP) to IEC 62439-2 with minor editorial changes,
- moving Clause 6 (PRP) was to IEC 62439-3 with minor editorial changes,
- moving Clause 7 (CRP) was to IEC 62439-4 with minor editorial changes, and
- moving Clause 8 (BRP) was to IEC 62439-5 with minor editorial changes,
- adding a method to calculate the maximum recovery time of RSTP in a restricted configuration (ring) to IEC 62439-1 as Clause 8, adding specifications of the HSR (High-availability Seamless Redundancy) protocol, which shares the principles of PRP to IEC 62439-3 as Clause 5, and
-introducing the DRP protocol as IEC 62439-6.
This bilingual version (2012-04) corresponds to the English version, published in 2010-02.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 62439-1:2010.