IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission - IEC TS 62257-9-5:2018 RLV
Recommendations for renewable energy and hybrid systems for rural electrification - Part 9-5: Integrated systems - Laboratory evaluation of stand-alone renewable energy products for rural electrification
|Organization:||IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Publication Date:||12 June 2018|
|ICS Code (Solar energy engineering):||27.160|
IEC TS 62257-9-5:2018 RLV contains both the official IEC International Standard and its Redline version. The Redline version is not an official document, it is available in English only and... View More
IEC TS 62257-9-5:2018 RLV contains both the official IEC International Standard and its Redline version. The Redline version is not an official document, it is available in English only and provides you with a quick and easy way to compare all the changes between the official IEC Standard and its previous edition.
IEC TS 62257-9-5:2018 applies to stand-alone renewable energy products. This document deals essentially with off-grid renewable energy products with batteries and solar modules with DC system voltages not exceeding 35 V and peak power ratings not exceeding 350 W. The tests contained herein are capable in many cases of adequately assessing systems at higher voltages and/or power ratings. This new edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- replaced the term "stand-alone lighting kits" with "stand-alone renewable energy products" throughout the document (including the title) to reflect that the revised document is applicable to a broader range of products with a more diverse set of capabilities.
- added test methods for flooded lead-acid batteries.
- significantly revised the protection tests, assessment of DC ports, appliance tests, and energy service calculations based on field experience.
- revised the voltage operating points at which testing is carried out to better reflect actual operation and to simplify the procedures for testing products without lights.
- revised the energy service calculations to include the effect of multiple simultaneously connected loads on the port voltage and battery-to-port efficiency and to accommodate products with grid or electromechanical charging.