IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission - IEC 60335-2-58:2017
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-58: Particular requirements for commercial electric dishwashing machines
|Organization:||IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Publication Date:||8 December 2017|
|ICS Code (Dishwashers):||97.040.40|
IEC 60335-2-58:2017 is available as IEC 60335-2-58:2017 RLV which contains the International Standard and its Redline version, showing all changes of the technical content compared to the previous... View More
IEC 60335-2-58:2017 is available as IEC 60335-2-58:2017 RLV which contains the International Standard and its Redline version, showing all changes of the technical content compared to the previous edition.
IEC 60335-2-58:2017 deals with the safety of electrically operated dishwashing machines for washing plates, dishes, glassware, cutlery and similar articles, with or without means for water heating or drying, not intended for household use, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances connected between one phase and neutral and 480 V for other appliances.
These appliances are used for example in restaurants, canteens, hospitals, and commercial enterprises such as bakeries, butcheries, etc.
Examples of such appliances are
- conveyor dishwashers;
- batch dishwashers;
- brush machines.
Requirements to avoid backsiphonage of non-potable water into the water mains are specified in Annex BB.
The electrical part of appliances making use of other forms of energy is also within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by these types of appliances.
Attention is drawn to the fact that:
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries, additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities;
- in many countries, additional requirements are specified for pressure appliances.
This standard does not apply to:
- appliances designed exclusively for industrial purposes, for example machines used in the food industry for cleaning receptacles that serve as packaging for final products (e.g. bottle-cleaning machines), and machines used in manufacturing processes;
- sterilizers and washer-disinfectors used to treat medical materials (IEC 61010-2-040);
- dishwashers that do not form one functional unit, for example where a trans¬portation device transfers the load from one separate unit to another;
- separately driven transport devices not confined in the appliance;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).
This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2002 including its Amendment 1 (2008) and its Amendment 2 (2015). This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- The text has been aligned with Edition 5.2 of Part 1;
- Requirements and tests for vertical-lift doors with and without a counterbalance system are clarified (20.103, 20.104);
- Some notes have been converted to normative text or deleted (7.15, 9, 10.1, 11.7, 15.3, 19.4, 20.1, 20.102, 22.106, 22.107, 23.3).
This part 2 is to be used in conjunction with the latest edition of IEC 60335-1 and its amendments. It was established on the basis of the fifth edition (2010) of that standard.
This part 2 supplements or modifies the corresponding clauses in IEC 60335-1, so as to convert that publication into the IEC standard: Safety requirements for commercial electric dishwashing machines.
When a particular subclause of Part 1 is not mentioned in this part 2, that subclause applies as far as is reasonable. When this standard states "addition", "modification" or "replacement", the relevant text in Part 1 is to be adapted accordingly.
Key words: Dishwashing Machine, Safety, Commercial