IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission - IEC 60068-2-52:2017
Environmental testing - Part 2-52: Tests - Test Kb: Salt mist, cyclic (sodium chloride solution)
|Organization:||IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Publication Date:||7 November 2017|
|ICS Code (Environmental testing):||19.040|
IEC 60068-2-52:2017 is now available as IEC 60068-2-52:2017 RLV which contains the International Standard and its Redline version, showing all changes of the technical content compared to the... View More
IEC 60068-2-52:2017 is now available as IEC 60068-2-52:2017 RLV which contains the International Standard and its Redline version, showing all changes of the technical content compared to the previous edition.
IEC 60068-2-52:2017 specifies the application of the cyclic salt mist test to components or equipment designed to withstand a salt-laden atmosphere as salt can degrade the performance of parts manufactured using metallic and/or non-metallic materials. This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 1996. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- the entire content has been harmonized with ISO 9227 as far as possible;
- an introduction has been added;
- the scope has been simplified;
- normative references have been updated;
- the general description of the test has been changed;
- a dry chamber has been added to the test apparatus;
- severities have been changed to test methods;
- test methods 7 and 8 have been added;
- information on the test report has been added;
- Figure 1 has been changed to Table 1;
- a typical test apparatus example has been added in a new Annex A;
- a description of each test method has been added in a new Annex B;
- bibliographical references have been added.
This bilingual version (2019-07) corresponds to the monolingual English version, published in 2017-11.
The French version of this standard has not been voted upon.