IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission - ISO/IEC 14763-3:2014
Information technology - Implementation and operation of customer premises cabling - Part 3: Testing of optical fibre cabling
|Organization:||IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Publication Date:||4 June 2014|
|ICS Code (Interface and interconnection equipment):||35.200|
ISO/IEC 14763-3:2014(E) specifies systems and methods for the inspection and testing of installed optical fibre cabling designed in accordance with premises cabling standards including ISO/IEC... View More
ISO/IEC 14763-3:2014(E) specifies systems and methods for the inspection and testing of installed optical fibre cabling designed in accordance with premises cabling standards including ISO/IEC 11801, ISO/IEC 24764, ISO/IEC 24702 and ISO/IEC 15018. The test methods refer to existing standards-based procedures where they exist. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2006 and its Amendment 1:2009. It constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following changes:
- general requirements have been revised;
- OTDR characterization (6.2) and requirements for cabling interface adapters and test cords have been revised;
- enhanced three-test-cord reference method has been introduced;
- information on optical time domain reflectometry (Annex C) has been revised;
- examples of calculations of channel and permanent link limits (Annex G) have been revised and information regarding cleaning and inspection of fibre optic connections have been added (Annex H).
The contents of the corrigendum of March 2015 have been included in this copy.