IEC 61158-5-2:2014 Industrial communication networks - Fieldbus specifications - Part 5-2: Application layer service definition - Type 2 elements
|Organization:||IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Publication Date:||18 August 2014|
|ICS Code (Industrial process measurement and control):||25.040.40|
|ICS Code (Application layer):||35.100.70|
|ICS Code (Networking):||35.110|
IEC 61158-5-2:2014 defines the services provided to the FAL user at the boundary between the user and the application layer of the fieldbus reference model, and Systems Management at the boundary between the application layer and Systems Management of the fieldbus reference model. This standard specifies the structure and services of the Type 2 fieldbus application layer, in conformance with the OSI Basic Reference Model (ISO/IEC 7498-1) and the OSI application layer structure (ISO/IEC 9545). This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2010 and constitutes a technical revision. The main changes are:
- Updates of definitions used by the Time Sync ASE;
- Corrections to numbering of services in 6.2;
- Addition of "member" and object specific services in 220.127.116.11.1, 18.104.22.168.3, 22.214.171.124.1, 126.96.36.199.20 to 188.8.131.52.23, 184.108.40.206.28, and 6.5;
- Updates of Identity ASE in 220.127.116.11.2;
- Updates of Assembly ASE in 18.104.22.168.3;
- Updates of Message Router ASE in 22.214.171.124.4;
- Updates of Time Sync ASE in 126.96.36.199.6;
- Updates of FAL service status codes in 188.8.131.52.3;
- Miscellaneous clarifications of FAL services in 184.108.40.206.4 to 220.127.116.11.19;
- Updates of Connection Manager ASE in 6.2.2;
- Updates of Connection ASE in 6.2.3;
- Removal of obsolete transport classes 4 to 6 in 6.3.1, 6.3.3 and 6.4;
- Miscellaneous editorial corrections.
IEC 61158-5-2:2014 defines the services provided to the FAL user at the boundary between the user and the application layer of the fieldbus reference model, and Systems Management at the boundary between the application layer and Systems Management of the fieldbus reference model. This standard spec...
IEC 61158-5-2:2010(E) defines in an abstract way the externally visible service provided by the Type 2 fieldbus application layer in terms of an abstract model for defining application resources (objects) capable of being manipulated by users via the use of the FAL service, the primitive actions and...
It provides user programs with a means to access the fieldbus communication environment. In this respect, the FAL can be viewed as a "window between corresponding application programs." This standard provides common elements for basic time-critical and non-time-critical messaging communications betw...