IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission - IEC 60831-1:2014 RLV
Shunt power capacitors of the self-healing type for a.c. systems having a rated voltage up to and including 1 000 V – Part 1: General – Performance, testing and rating – Safety requirements – Guide for installation and operation
|Organization:||IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Publication Date:||11 February 2014|
|ICS Code (Other electrical accessories):||29.120.99|
|ICS Code (Power capacitors):||31.060.70|
IEC 60831-1:2014 RLV contains both the official IEC International Standard and its Redline version. The Redline version is not an official document, it is available in English only and provides... View More
IEC 60831-1:2014 RLV contains both the official IEC International Standard and its Redline version. The Redline version is not an official document, it is available in English only and provides you with a quick and easy way to compare all the changes between the official IEC Standard and its previous edition.
IEC 60831-1:2014 is applicable to both capacitor units and capacitor banks intended to be used, particularly, for power-factor correction of a.c. power systems having a rated voltage up to and including 1 000 V and frequencies of 15 Hz to 60 Hz. This part of IEC 60831 also applies to capacitors intended for use in power filter circuits. Additional definitions, requirements, and tests for power filter capacitors are given in Annex A. The object of this part of IEC 60831 is to:
- formulate uniform rules regarding performances, testing and rating;
- formulate specific safety rules;
- provide a guide for installation and operation. This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 1996 and Amendment 1:2002. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- Updating of the normative references;
- Test conditions have been clarified;
- Thermal stability test has been clarified;
- Maximum permissible voltage and current have been clarified;
- The protection of the environment has been amended with safety concerns and plastic quality requirements.
The contents of the corrigendum of May 2014 have been included in this copy.