IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission - IEC 61010-2-081:2015 RLV
Safety requirements for electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use – Part 2-081: Particular requirements for automatic and semi-automatic laboratory equipment for analysis and other purposes
|Organization:||IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Publication Date:||23 January 2015|
|ICS Code (Electrical and electronic testing):||19.080|
|ICS Code (Chemical laboratories. Laboratory equipment):||71.040.10|
IEC 61010-2-081:2015 RLV contains both the official IEC International Standard and its Redline version. The Redline version is not an official document, it is available in English only and... View More
IEC 61010-2-081:2015 RLV contains both the official IEC International Standard and its Redline version. The Redline version is not an official document, it is available in English only and provides you with a quick and easy way to compare all the changes between the official IEC Standard and its previous edition.
IEC 61010-2-081:2015 applies to automatic and semi-automatic laboratory equipment for analysis and other purposes. Automatic and semi-automatic laboratory equipment consists of instruments or systems for measuring or modifying one or more characteristics or parameters of samples, performing the complete process or parts of the process without manual intervention. Equipment forming part of such a system is within the scope of this standard. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2003. It constitutes a technical revision and includes the following significant changes from the first edition, as well as numerous other changes:
- excluded IEC 61010-2-101 (IVD Equipment) from scope. This separates IEC 61010-2-081 and IEC 61010-2-101 equipment;
- added biological risks symbol to Table 1 in Clause 5;
- added requirement for statement on hazardous substances and gases in Instructions for Use to Clause 5;
- Added marking requirement for flow direction to Clause 5;
- added requirement for OPERATOR maintenance instructions to Clause 7;
- excluded equipment whose size and weight make unintentional movement unlikely from drop test in Clause 8;
- added requirement for biohazard marking to Clause 13;
- added requirement for interlock systems containing electric/electronic or programmable components to Clause 15.
It has the status of a group safety publication in accordance with IEC Guide 104.