IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission - ISO/IEC 18013-3:2017
Information technology - Personal identification - ISO-compliant driving licence - Part 3: Access control, authentication and integrity validation
|Organization:||IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Publication Date:||4 April 2017|
|ICS Code (Identification cards. Chip cards. Biometrics):||35.240.15|
ISO/IEC 18013-3:2017 establishes guidelines for the design format and data content of an ISO-compliant driving licence (IDL) with regard to human-readable features (ISO/IEC 18013‑1),... View More
ISO/IEC 18013-3:2017 establishes guidelines for the design format and data content of an ISO-compliant driving licence (IDL) with regard to human-readable features (ISO/IEC 18013‑1), machine-readable technologies (ISO/IEC 18013‑2), and access control, authentication and integrity validation (ISO/IEC 18013‑3). It creates a common basis for international use and mutual recognition of the IDL without impeding individual countries/states to apply their privacy rules and national/community/r
- is based on the machine-readable data content specified in ISO/IEC 18013‑2;
- specifies mechanisms and rules available to issuing authorities (IAs) for:
- access control (i.e. limiting access to the machine-readable data recorded on the IDL),
- document authentication (i.e. confirming that the document was issued by the claimed IA), and
- data integrity validation (i.e. confirming that the data has not been changed since issuing).
ISO 1813-3:2017 does not address issues related to the subsequent use of data obtained from the IDL, e.g. privacy issues.