IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission - ISO/IEC 9075-2:2016
Information technology - Database languages - SQL - Part 2: Foundation (SQL/Foundation)
|Organization:||IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Publication Date:||14 December 2016|
|ICS Code (Languages used in information technology):||35.060|
ISO/IEC 9075-2:2016 deﬁnes the data structures and basic operations on SQL-data. It provides functional capabilities for creating, accessing, maintaining, controlling, and protecting... View More
ISO/IEC 9075-2:2016 deﬁnes the data structures and basic operations on SQL-data. It provides functional capabilities for creating, accessing, maintaining, controlling, and protecting SQL-data.
ISO/IEC 9075-2:2016 speciﬁes the syntax and semantics of a database language:
- For specifying and modifying the structure and the integrity constraints of SQL-data.
- For declaring and invoking operations on SQL-data and cursors.
- For declaring database language procedures.
- For embedding SQL-statements in a compilation unit that is otherwise written in a particular programming language (host language).
- For deriving an equivalent compilation unit in the host language. In that equivalent compilation unit, each which invoke an SQL externally-invoked procedure that, when executed, has an effect equivalent to exe-cuting the SQL-statement.
- For direct invocation of SQL-statements.
- To support dynamic preparation and execution of SQL-statements.
ISO/IEC 9075-2:2016 provides a vehicle for portability of data deﬁnitions and compilation units between SQL-implementations.
ISO/IEC 9075-2:2016 provides a vehicle for interconnection of SQL-implementations.
Implementations of this ISO/IEC 9075-2:2016 can exist in environments that also support application program-ming languages, end-user query languages, report generator systems, data dictionary systems, program library systems, and distributed communication systems, as well as various tools for database design, data administration, and performance optimization.View Less