IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission - ISO/IEC 15444-4:2004
Information technology -- JPEG 2000 image coding system: Conformance testing
|Organization:||IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Publication Date:||15 December 2004|
|ICS Code (Coding of graphical and photographical information):||35.040.30|
ISO/IEC 15444-4:2004 specifies the framework, concepts, methodology for testing, and criteria to be achieved to claim compliance with ISO/IEC 15444-1. It provides a framework for specifying... View More
ISO/IEC 15444-4:2004 specifies the framework, concepts, methodology for testing, and criteria to be achieved to claim compliance with ISO/IEC 15444-1. It provides a framework for specifying abstract test suites and for defining the procedures to be followed during compliance testing.
- Specifies compliance testing procedures for encoding and decoding using JPEG 2000 Part 1 (ISO/IEC 15444-1);
- Specifies codestreams, decoded images and error metrics to be used with the testing procedures;
- Specifies abstract test suites; and
- Provides guidance for creating an encoder compliance test.
ISO/IEC 15444-4:2004 does not include the following tests:
- Acceptance testing: the process of determining whether an implementation satisfies acceptance criteria and enables the user to determine whether or not to accept the implementation. This includes the planning and execution of several kinds of tests (e.g. functionality, quality and speed performance testing) that demonstrate the implementation satisfies the user requirements.
- Performance testing: measuring the performance characteristics of an Implementation Under Test (IUT), such as its throughput, responsiveness, etc., under various conditions.
- Robustness testing: the process of determining how well an implementation processes data which contains errors.