IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission - IEC 60695-11-5:2004
Fire hazard testing - Part 11-5: Test flames - Needle-flame test method - Apparatus, confirmatory test arrangement and guidance
|Organization:||IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Publication Date:||14 December 2004|
|ICS Code (Ignitability and burning behaviour of materials and products):||13.220.40|
|ICS Code (Electrical engineering in general):||29.020|
IEC 60695-11-5:2004 Specifies a needle-flame test to simulate the effect of a small flame which may result from fault conditions, in order to assess by a simulation technique the fire hazard. It... View More
IEC 60695-11-5:2004 Specifies a needle-flame test to simulate the effect of a small flame which may result from fault conditions, in order to assess by a simulation technique the fire hazard. It is applicable to electrotechnical equipment, its sub-assemblies and components and to solid electrical insulating materials or other combustible materials. This first edition of IEC 60695-11-5 cancels and replaces the second edition of IEC 60695-2-2, issued in 1991 and its amendment 1 (1994). It also constitutes a technical revision. The structure of this standard remains essentially the same with some major new changes and concepts added:
- The scope has been broadened to allow this test method to also simulate the effects of small flames from outside the equipment.
- A new concept has been added which allows the burner to be moved during the test to avoid dripping material from falling onto the tip of the burner tube.
- The burner tube material is now a referenced source.
- The reference for the copper block material has changed - the ISO publication (ISO 1337) has been withdrawn with no replacement. A new callout is now used.
- Informative Annex B and a bibliography have been added.
It has the status of a horizontal standard in accordance with IEC Guide 104.