IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission - IEC 61883-6:2005
Consumer audio/video equipment - Digital interface - Part 6: Audio and music data transmission protocol
|Organization:||IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Publication Date:||28 October 2005|
|ICS Code (Audio, video and audiovisual systems in general):||33.160.01|
|ICS Code (Interface and interconnection equipment):||35.200|
IEC 61883-6:2005 describes a protocol for the transmission of audio and music data employing IEEE 1394 and specifies essential requirements for the application of the protocol. This protocol can... View More
IEC 61883-6:2005 describes a protocol for the transmission of audio and music data employing IEEE 1394 and specifies essential requirements for the application of the protocol. This protocol can be applied to all modules or devices that have any kind of audio and/or music data processing, generation and conversion function blocks. This document deals only with the transmission of audio and music data This second edition of IEC 61883-6 cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2002. This edition contains the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- It extends the AM824 data format.
- It specifies new data types for SMPTE time code, sample count, high-precision multi-bit linear audio and ancillary data.
- It changes the terminology "raw audio data" to "multi-bit linear audio (MBLA)".
- It defines sequence multiplexing and MIDI data required to the AM824 adaptation process.
- It describes application-specific
- It specifies the N-flag that indicates command-based rate control and defines new sampling frequency code (SFC) definition and interpretation. This bilingual version (2012-08) corresponds to the monolingual English version, published in 2005-10.