IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission - IEC 60695-1-30:2008
Fire hazard testing - Part 1-30: Guidance for assessing the fire hazard of electrotechnical products - Preselection testing process - General guidelines
|Organization:||IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Publication Date:||21 July 2008|
|ICS Code (Ignitability and burning behaviour of materials and products):||13.220.40|
|ICS Code (Electrical engineering in general):||29.020|
IEC 60695-1-30:2008 provides guidance for assessing and choosing candidate materials, components or sub-assemblies for making an end-product based upon preselection testing. It describes how... View More
IEC 60695-1-30:2008 provides guidance for assessing and choosing candidate materials, components or sub-assemblies for making an end-product based upon preselection testing. It describes how preselection provides comparative fire hazard test methods to evaluate the performance of a test specimen and how preselection can be used in the selection of materials, parts, components and sub-assemblies during the design stage of an end-product. The major changes with respect to the previous edition are as follows:
- Further explanation given in the introduction and Scope
- Clause 3 changes to the definitions
- Clause 4 clarifications of the principles of product design considering preselection
- Clause 5 clarifications of the advantages and limitations of preselection
- Clause 6 clarifications of the aspects of preselection relative to hazard assessment
- Annex A changes in the references for examples of test methods which may be relevant to preselection
- Annex B changes in the illustrative example of the flowchart of the use of preselection tests for resistance to fire hazards of a specific product type.
It has the status of a horizontal standard in accordance with IEC Guide 104 and ISO/IEC Guide 51.