IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission - IEC 62439-3:2012
Industrial communication networks - High availability automation networks - Part 3: Parallel Redundancy Protocol (PRP) and High-availability Seamless Redundancy (HSR)
|Organization:||IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Publication Date:||5 July 2012|
|ICS Code (Industrial process measurement and control):||25.040.40|
|ICS Code (Multilayer applications):||35.100.05|
IEC 62439-3:2012 specifies two redundancy protocols designed to provide seamless recovery in case of single failure of an inter-bridge link or bridge in the network, which are based on the same... View More
IEC 62439-3:2012 specifies two redundancy protocols designed to provide seamless recovery in case of single failure of an inter-bridge link or bridge in the network, which are based on the same scheme: duplication of the LAN, resp. duplication of the transmitted information. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2010. It constitutes a technical revision. The main changes with respect to the previous edition are:
- specification of the interconnection of PRP and HSR networks;
- introduction of a suffix for PRP frames;
- clarification and modification of specifications to ensure interoperability;
- slackening of the specifications to allow different implementations;
- consideration of clock synchronization according to IEC 61588;
- introduction of test modes to simplify testing and maintenance.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 62439-1:2010.