IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission - IEC 60335-2-32:2019
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-32: Particular requirements for massage appliances
|Organization:||IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Publication Date:||20 September 2019|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
|ICS Code (Body care equipment):||97.170|
IEC 60335-2-32:2019 is available as IEC 60335-2-32:2019 RLV which contains the International Standard and its Redline version, showing all changes of the technical content compared to the previous... View More
IEC 60335-2-32:2019 is available as IEC 60335-2-32:2019 RLV which contains the International Standard and its Redline version, showing all changes of the technical content compared to the previous edition.IEC 60335-2-32:2019 deals with the safety of electric massage appliances for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances. Examples of appliances within the scope of this standard are:
- foot massagers;
- water filled foot massagers;
- hand-held massagers;
- massage beds;
- massage belts;
- massage chairs;
- massage pads.
Appliances not intended for normal household use but that nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops, in light industry and on farms, are within the scope of this standard. As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account:
- persons (including children) whose physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction;
- children playing with the appliance.
Attention is drawn to the fact that:
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements can be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
This standard does not apply to
- appliances intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- electric foot care appliances that do not contain motors and other electric appliances for the care of skin or hair (IEC 60335-2-23)
- electric appliances for beauty care of persons and intended for household, commercial and similar purposes (IEC 60335-2-115).
This fifth edition cancels and replaces the fourth edition published in 2002, Amendment 1: 2008 and Amendment 2:2013. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- aligns the text with IEC 60335-1, Ed 5, and its Amendments 1 and 2;
- note is converted to normative text (11.8);
- additional requirements for temperatures of external accessible surfaces (Clause 11);
- alternative stability requirements for hand-held appliances (20.2);
- new mechanical strength test for hand-held appliances (21.1, 21.101).
This part 2 is to be used in conjunction with the latest edition of IEC 60335-1 and its amendments. It was established on the basis of the fifth edition (2010) of that standard.