IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission - IEC 60335-2-96:2019 RLV
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-96: Particular requirements for flexible sheet heating elements for room heating
|Organization:||IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Publication Date:||17 May 2019|
|ICS Code (Electric heaters):||97.100.10|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
IEC 60335-2-96:2019 RLV contains both the official IEC International Standard and its Redline version. The Redline version is not an official document, it is available in English only and provides... View More
IEC 60335-2-96:2019 RLV contains both the official IEC International Standard and its Redline version. The Redline version is not an official document, it is available in English only and provides you with a quick and easy way to compare all the changes between the official IEC Standard and its previous edition.
IEC 60335-2-96:2019 deals with the safety of flexible sheet heating elements intended to be incorporated into floors and walls below 1,2 m and above 2,3 m and in ceilings, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase installations and 480 V for other installations.
Flexible sheet heating elements are converted into heating units that are incorporated in the building in accordance with the instructions after which the required level of protection against hazards is achieved. Attention is drawn to the fact that:
- in many countries, different wiring rules apply;
- for heating units intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements can be necessary;
- in many countries, additional requirements are specified by the national authorities for fire protection, the national authorities for building regulations, the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
This standard does not apply to:
- heating units intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
- heating units intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- blankets, pads, clothing and similar flexible heating appliances (IEC 60335-2-17);
- foot warmers and heating mats (IEC 60335-2-81);
- heated carpets and for heating units for room heating installed under removable floor coverings (IEC 60335-2-106);
- flexible sheet heating elements incorporated in other appliances.
This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2002, Amendment 1:2003 and Amendment 2: 2008. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the first edition:
- aligns the text with IEC 60335-1:2010, and its Amendments 1 and 2;
- some notes have been converted to normative text or deleted (5.6, 7.12.1, 10.1, 11.2.103, 13.1, 13.2, 16.2, 16.3, 18.101, 18.102.5, 21.1, 22.103, 22.105, 22.106);
- the strength test for heating units incorporating insulated wires intended to be installed in floors has been modified a (21.103);
- the scope and specific requirements have been added for heating units installed in walls below a height of 1,2 m (6.2, 7.1, 7.12.1, 7.12.6, 7.101, 11.2, 19.2, 22.106, 24.102, Annex AA).