Discussion on “the grounded neutral,” at New York, October 11, 1907
|Publisher:||IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.|
|Publication Date:||1 December 1907|
|Page(s):||1,705 - 1,735|
In November, 1900, the Commonwealth Electric Company of Chicago in one portion of its territory put into commercial service the first extensive system of four-wire, three-phase distribution at 4000-2300 volts. This 60-cycle system was soon installed in all the company's outlying and suburban territory, and has since grown to such an extent that the total length of three-phase or equivalent line of feeders to-day aggregates 525 miles, of which 55 miles is underground, the remainder overhead. The neutral of this 60-cycle system has always been connected solidly to ground.