Reference: Failure criteria for an individual layer of a fibre reinforced composite laminate under in-plane loading.
This entire document is available for individual purchase.
IHS ESDU includes a vast range of industry standard design tools presented in over 1500 design guides with supporting software. IHS ESDU design methods, best practices, data and software tools help solve complex Aerospace, Automotive, Mechanical, Structural and Process Engineering problems and enable better decision making during engineering design. With over 70 years of experience in providing engineers with the information, data and techniques needed to continually improve fundamental design and analysis, ESDU complements internal design practices, addresses gaps in information and provides access to best in class industry expertise.FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Accelerate problem-solving and reduce design cycles by quickly finding solutions to technical challenges
- Avoid re-inventing the wheel through broad-based access to cutting edge research
- Minimize risk of product and project failures with a “single source of truth” for technical content across the enterprise and supply chain
- Mitigate the impact of workforce transitions, and accelerate and expand skills of junior employees with a window into industry best practices
- Reduce operating costs associated with research & development
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
ESDU 83014 presents the failure criteria available for the strength assessment of individual layers of a fibre reinforced laminate in a state of uniaxial or biaxial plane stress. It allows the user to choose a criterion for which strength data are available or can be obtained economically. Details of eleven criteria are given in a consistent notation so highlighting their similarities and differences. Notes on their use together with failure envelopes are included. Guidance is given on the tests required to obtain the strength values required in the criteria. ESDU 83014 is intended for use directly with ESDU 94003 and 94004 in the stress analysis of laminated plates, and with ESDU 82025 on the failure modes of fibre reinforced laminates.