A new large generator for Niagara Falls
|Author(s):||B. A. Behrend|
|Publisher:||IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.|
|Publication Date:||1 June 1908|
|Page(s):||811 - 822|
A new generating plant of considerable magnitude has been completed recently at Niagara Falls. This plant is the new plant of the Niagara Falls Hydraulic Power and Manufacturing Company. A number of large direct-current generators to be used for the manufacture of aluminum has been installed in this plant, each generating unit consisting of two direct-current generators connected to 11,000-h.p. turbines. A large alternating-current generator, one of an aggregate of three wound for 12,000 volts, has also been installed in this station. The power house is located at the foot of the falls, on the American side, below the old power house of the Niagara Falls Hydraulic Power and Manufacturing Company.